sur says ajax :on => rails

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Fully Ajax Based Drag Drop Navigation Tree For Ruby on Rails

Ajaxified tree comes with the following features

1.) Containig the ajax links for the tree items using link_to_remote

2.) Highlighting the selected node of the tree and other custom effects.

3.) Two way syncronization between the tree nodes and the currently displayed item on the web-page.

4.) Supports the tree architecture provided ny the acts_as_tree.

5.) C lear and self traversing upto the selected node and all remaining nodes remained closed.

6.) Drag-n-Drop sorting of the tree nodes, including the functionality of even changing the parent of the node.

This tree works very fine in my application and hope it will help u also. Check out the

Source Code

of this tree.

6 Comments:

  • Hi Erik,
    I am working to make this tree
    more n more refined and generalised so that it becomes easy to use and reuse.
    Its almost on its completion but i am trying to convert this tree into a plugin so that it could be available to all in the easiest format.
    Well, it will take 3 to 4 more days to
    provide the source code here and it will take around 20 more days to provide a plugin.

    By Blogger Sur Max, at 3:09 AM  

  • That sounds great!
    I was just searching for such a component and I found this:
    http://wiki.rubyonrails.com/rails/pages/LiveTree

    How will yours compare to it?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:25 AM  

  • Hi Avner,
    Well i have already used that Live Tree. I have even gone through its code in a deep. Its good to have Live Tree, honestly speaking i was even using this Live Tree in my application previously but on client's request i needed to make major changes and customized effects which were forcing me to change the Source Code of the Live Tree and that didnt click me good, so i started writing my own with all custom effects needed in most of the tree. One of the lackings of my tree is that it will work only with rails, and mandatory to use ats_as_tree. I will publish the code
    by 18th of this month.

    By Blogger Sur Max, at 8:12 AM  

  • Cool, looking forward to it!
    I would like to have your opinion on the project I want to do, which is pretty much my first real rails project.
    I want to make a Ruby LDAP Admin.
    I was thinking of integrating the lib ActiveLDAP and Livetree (or your tree) by adding acts_as_tree functionality to ActiveLDAP. I'm a bit concerned that ActiveLDAP isn't suitable and flexiable enough and maybe I should wrap ruby-ldap (or net-ldap) by myself.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:08 AM  

  • hi,
    i am working on the live tree,i want to add and delete the item to and from respectively,can you help me?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:35 PM  

  • HI Sur

    I am currently working with live tree. But it has drawback that it does not support the drag and drop and creation of a new folder in the tree.

    if you have some idea on above features in live tree, plz let me know.

    thanks in advance

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home